Trivial mistakes may cause you to suffer from food poisoning. Make sure your foods are fully cooked and your kitchen appliances are clean before you use them.
The main cause of being poisoned is to have eaten half done foods and dirt remaining on the plate being used to place your foods on.
The small mistake can cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea and fever. Using separate cutting board for meat and vegetable, rubbing fresh fruits and disinfecting kitchen appliances will avoid you from being food-poisoned.
Several trivial things also have a risk of being food-poisoned. The followings are general mistakes that trigger food poisoning.
· Purchased foods are not immediately washed. Recycled shopping bags are environment friendly but not always good for health. According to Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, only 1 of 6 shoppers washes their purchased goods regularly.
Shopping bags are seldom washed and become the breeding places for germs because of the liquid of raw meat mixed with ready-to-eat foods like bread and fruits.
In order that shopping bags are clean and safe, have it machine-washed regularly before the next use. Carefully separate your purchases. Use one shopping bag for meat and fish, and use another for vegetables and fruits. Store the bag in a clean and dry place.
· Store your purchases in a car. The key to safety and cleanliness of the foods is to store it in the right temperature. Many shoppers leave their purchased goods in a parked car. If you can’t right away keep your shopped foods in a refrigerator, meat and milk should be packaged separately in order that it won’t get easily rotten, contaminating other foods.
· Store foods too long in the refrigerator. Chicken should be stored for 1 – 2 days, read meat for 3 – 5 days, eggs for 3 – 5 weeks and margarine for 1 -3 months, on conditions that temperature properly functions. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in USA recommends that temperature should be below 4 degree Celsius and freezer below 17 degree Celsius.
· Use sponge to wash your kitchen appliances. The purpose of cleaning a table is to get rid of bacteria and germ. People usually use wet sponge or kitchen cloth. Sponge or cloth that has long been used may be dangerous. You’ll be better off using tissue or cleaning solution. If you insist in using sponge, have it machine-washed and warm it in a microwave for 30 seconds.
· Take too much of anti ulcer drug. Antacids are frequently taken medicines to overcome ulcer problems. People who regularly take antacids are prone to food poisoning. Body has natural immune system produced by foods called gastric acid that effectively kills the germs that come with your foods. Antacids lower gastric acidity that allow germ to come into intestine.
· Let your pets touch the foods. Pets like cats or dogs often leave traces of feathers and dirt. This raises disease risk. One of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter enteritis infection brought by your pets.
Make sure you don’t let your pets touch your foods. And wash your hands thoroughly after being with your pets.
I have this article published on trion.com at the following link: